The term ‘Foundries.io’ (hereinafter us/we/our) refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is at:
10 Groom Place, London SW1X 7BA, UK
Foundries.io Ltd is a UK registered company with company number 10899991.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The following terms apply to your use of the FoundriesFactory Service (“the Service”). When you use the Service you agree to be bound by these terms. Note that this is a legally binding agreement that explains the terms and restrictions under which you agree to use the Service.
- In this Agreement a "Product" is defined as an embedded, IoT or Edge hardware device that is sold in any volume to end customers, either directly or through distribution channel(s). For the purposes of this agreement a set of Products that run a single binary software build image are regarded as a single Product. For example a device that is shipped with several different memory or other configurations is regarded as a single Product provided that all variants use the same binary software build image.
- You may only use the the Service to develop, test, deploy and maintain Product(s).
- A separate Personal or Enterprise subscription is required for each Product for which you create a FoundriesFactory.
- You agree to be bound by the relevant open source licenses for any software that you download from this website, or from github.com/foundriesio. A list of licenses can be found in the factory build license manifest file.
- The Linux microPlatform and other open source software provided in the Service contains encryption software and is subject to UK, European and US export control laws and may also be subject to export and import regulations in other countries (“export laws”). BEFORE using the software, please check your country's export laws, regulations and policies concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption software, to see if this is permitted. See www.wassenaar.org for more information.
- Our provision of the Service is dependent on third party providers including but not limited to cloud services provided by Amazon and Google. Our goal is 100% uptime for the Service, but you understand that this is not guaranteed, and you agree that we have no responsibility if we are temporarily unable to provide the Service.
- You agree that all software provided by Foundries.io is provided to you on an “as is” basis. Foundries.io makes no warranty, express, implied or statutory, with respect to any of the software and you expressly assume all liabilities and risks for use or operation of the software. Should the software prove defective, you agree that you assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Foundries.io be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including loss of profits) arising out of the use or inability to use the software, whether based on a claim under contract, tort or other legal theory, even if Foundries.io was advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Foundries.io does not seek to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from Foundries.io’s negligence, and because some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, some of the above limitations may not apply to you. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this agreement, the maximum liability of Foundries.io to you in aggregate for all claims made against Foundries.io in contract tort or otherwise in connection with this agreement shall not exceed the greater of; i) the total sums paid for the FoundriesFactory subscription(s) in the past three years, and ii) $10.00 USD. The existence of more than one claim will not enlarge or extend the limit.
- You are free to give notice of termination of your subscription at any time. Because subscription fees are payable in advance, termination of this agreement will occur on conclusion of the last day of the prepaid month or year (“the termination date”) during which termination notice is given to Foundries.io and you will be free to continue to enjoy the full benefits of the Service until the termination date. Following the termination date you may continue to use any software previously supplied to you under the terms of this agreement, which shall survive the termination of your subscription.
- The provision of the Service is subject to “fair use” limitations. If in Foundries.io sole opinion you are exceeding reasonable use we will first contact you to try to resolve the issue. If we are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction your sole remedy shall be to terminate your subscription, and you may request a refund for any unused term prepaid beyond the termination date.
- This agreement is governed under English Law. If any clause or sentence in this agreement is held by a court of law to be illegal or unenforceable the remaining provisions of this agreement shall not be affected thereby.
- From time to time we may notify you of changes to this agreement by email. If you do not agree to the changes you will continue to be bound by these terms for any previous FoundriesFactory deliverables to you. You will be required to accept the changes if you wish to continue your subscription. If you do not wish to accept the new terms you may terminate your subscription and request a refund for any unused term prepaid beyond the termination date.