At Foundries.io, our vision is to deliver an open, customizable, secure OS and firmware platform for an IoT/Edge product’s lifetime. We aim for cross-industry adoption, with no lock-in. We use industry standards and a new business model to disrupt the status quo of the fragmented IoT device market.
The driving force behind this success is our unwavering belief in clear and effective communication. We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our customer-focused software as a service to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards and will be publicly available at https://docs.foundries.io
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Be able to work effectively remotely with an international team
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Experience working writing about Yocto, OpenEmbedded, Docker and security is a plus.
Apply for this position
Please email an up to date CV to [email protected]
Foundries.io originated within Linaro and brings extensive knowledge of open source and Linux to the IoT space. Foundries.io is a dispersed organisation bringing together the best resources globally to solve the challenges of deploying, developing secure Linux and Zephyr based solutions for the IoT and Edge space.
Foundries.io is a start up with a highly skilled team - bringing the best in open source and embedded market knowledge together, independent of location. The team continuously interacts via a variety of channels including Slack and Hangouts to ensure a close working virtual team.
Our beliefs are that the latest software is the most secure software. Our goal is to make it easy to integrate the latest software without regressions, enabling increased security over time. Our solution is to offer a scalable service to develop, build, test and deploy software on-demand for a customers IoT or Edge hardware. Enabling innovative IoT and Edge devices to reach the market quicker.