The benefits of the combined Foundries.io and Variscite SoM solution are:
- Minutes away from a Variscite configured Linux platform, using a complete end to end solution with security designed in from the start, avoiding software fragmentation and including long-term support
- Users will be able to access a FoundriesFactory for the Variscite VAR-SOM-MX8M-MINI and -NANO system on module (SoM) hardware platforms to immediately connect products to the cloud and start developing container-based applications, and leverage the device management and DevOps capabilities built into FoundriesFactory
- FoundriesFactory is a cloud-based DevOps platform, enabling users to develop, deploy and maintain Linux software, applications and services for IoT and Edge devices and fleets, over product lifetimes that can exceed 20 years
- FoundriesFactory simplifies the building and deployment of secured IoT devices and fleets, accelerating time to market
- IoT device makers can focus engineering resources on applications, services and value added IP, and not to have to worry about the underlying firmware platform and operating system
- Developers can utilize the security and Over-the-Air(OTA) update capabilities of the Linux microPlatform, to easily and securely connect devices to any public or private cloud
- Using containers for applications and services allows incremental OTA updates without a device reboot
For almost two decades Variscite has developed, designed and manufactured high-quality System on Modules, consistently setting market benchmarks in terms of reliability, performance, and price. Today Variscite is the leading ARM-based System on Module (SoM) vendor, servicing thousands of satisfied customers worldwide, targeting numerous embedded end products and applications.
Variscite's in-house production facilities are equipped with the most advanced SMT machines, ensuring high-quality Modules and a wide range of configuration choices for every SoM. Our customers benefit from customized SoMs, fully optimized to the customer’s specific feature-set, performance and target price.
Variscite’s full suite of hardware and software solutions supports the customer’s design process, from the earliest development stages to successful mass production.